Observations from today’s readings and today’s S-WOD, Tuesday, 6 December 2022:
Here is a short video overview of 1 Chronicles 1 and 2 — https://bibleproject.com/explore/video/chronicles/
1 Chronicles 1:1 – Adam, Seth, Enosh….
Your family history begins with Adam and creation. Your family includes members of all the tribes and nations of the world. So, God wants you involved in his world mission of redemption. God’s purpose for you goes back to His purpose in creation.
1 Chronicles 1:28 – The sons of Abraham: Isaac and Ishmael.
How many lives have been lost throughout history due to strife between the descendants of Isaac and Ishmael? The Bible says that Christians are descendants of Abraham, but this is not a blood relationship, but rather a spiritual one – “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to promise.” (Galatians 3:28, 29) “…for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.” (Galatians 3:26) “Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham.” (Galatians 3:7) “For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel, and not all are children of Abraham because they are his offspring, but ‘Through Isaac shall your offspring be named.’ This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring.” (Romans 9:6-8) Ultimately, what divides the world is not race, ethnicity, genetics, nationality, political philosophy, or culture but faith. Many are seeking some sort of unity under man-made social stratifications, but this is foolish and hopeless. Many have sought unity by marginalizing faith, but this too is foolish and hopeless. There will be no peace between God and man and no peace on earth apart from Jesus.
- Acts 10:36 — As for the word that he sent to Israel, preaching good news of peace through Jesus Christ (he is Lord of all).
- Romans 3:17 — and the way of peace they have not known.
- Romans 5:1 — Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Romans 15:13 — May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
- Romans 15:33 — May the God of peace be with you all. Amen.
- Romans 16:20 — The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
- 2 Corinthians 1:2 — Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Ephesians 2:14 — For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility.
- Colossians 1:20 — and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.
- Colossians 3:15 — And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:3 — While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:16 — Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.
- 1 Timothy 1:2 — To Timothy, my true child in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Titus 1:4 — To Titus, my true child in a common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.
- 2 John 1:3 — Grace, mercy, and peace will be with us, from God the Father and from Jesus Christ the Father’s Son, in truth and love.
1 Chronicles 1:50; 1 Chronicles 2:3, 4, 1-17, 18 — The Bible places women in critical roles for His purposes. Women have always played in important role in history. But while the world tends to focus on differences of race, ethnicity, and gender, God focuses on fidelity and unity. Race and gender are not virtues.
Revelation 4:8 — Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty.
The only attribute ascribed to God in the Bible that is emphasized in repetition three times is the attribute of holiness. What does this tell you about how you should approach God? What does this tell you about how you should feel about sin?
Revelation 4:10 – They cast their crowns before the throne.
True worshippers surrender all glory to God. As an ambassador for Christ, never, never be caught claiming the glory.
“Cross” Fit S-WOD (Spiritual Workout of the Day) – 6 December 2022: Today, let your behavior honor and glorify the holiness of God. Your every action should be a reflection of His holiness and the power of the Holy Spirit upon your life. (Revelation 4:8)