Observations from today’s readings and today’s S-WOD, Sunday, 14 November 21:
Psalm 135:1, 5 – “Praise the Lord!… For I know that the Lord is great.”
The more you really understand how great God is, the more you will genuinely desire to praise Him. If your worship and praise are flat, return to the knowledge of the greatness, love, mercy, and grace of God.
Psalm 136:1 – “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.”
Psalm 136 is a list recounting all the ways God demonstrated His love and faithfulness to His people. This gave them encouragement for the future. Do you have a list of all the things God has done in your life as a reminder to you of His love and faithfulness? Take the time today to make that list, share it with your family, and give thanks to God.
- Psalm 75:1 — We give thanks to you, O God; we give thanks, for your name is near. We recount your wondrous deeds.
- Isaiah 63:7 — I will recount the steadfast love of the Lord, the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord has granted us, and the great goodness to the house of Israel that he has granted them according to his compassion, according to the abundance of his steadfast love.
- Ephesians 5:20 — Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ….
- Colossians 3:17 — And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- Colossians 4:2 — Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.
- Psalm 69:30 — I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving.
- 1 Chronicles 16:8 — Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!
- Lamentations 3:23 — They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
- 1 Chronicles 16:34 — Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!
- 1 Corinthians 15:57 — But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
“Cross” Fit S-WOD (Spiritual Workout of the Day) – 14 November 21: Make your list of how God has blessed you in your life, and share it with others today.