Observations from today’s readings and today’s S-WOD, Saturday, 6 November 21:
Psalm 139:13, 16 – “For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb…. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.”
How do you think God feels about the unborn child? “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.” (Psalm 127:3) Some debate when life begins, whether an unborn child counts as a life. Again, what does the Bible say?
- Exodus 21:22-25 — When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman’s husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
- Proverbs 6:16-17 — There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood….
On this upcoming Veterans Day weekend, the U.S. will pays tribute to our over 18.2 million veterans who have served our Nation in uniform. On Memorial Day, we honor the 1.5 million Americans who have died during times of war since the American Revolution. However, there have been over 62 million abortions in the U.S. since 1973. What will you do about it?
- Isaiah 1:17 — Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow’s cause.
- Proverbs 24:11-12 — Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter. If you say, “Behold, we did not know this,” does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who keeps watch over your soul know it, and will he not repay man according to his work?
- Psalm 82:4-5 – “Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.” They have neither knowledge nor understanding, they walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken.
“Cross” Fit S-WOD (Spiritual Workout of the Day) – 6 November 21: Pray God will give you His heart concerning the unborn.