Observations from today’s readings and today’s S-WOD, Friday, 1 November 19:
Here is a short video overview of chapters 1-33 of Ezekiel: https://youtu.be/R-CIPu1nko8
Ezekiel 1:12 — “And each went straight forward. Wherever the spirit would go, they went, without turning as they went.”
Four different creatures had complete unity in purpose and action because they followed the Holy Spirit without turning to the left or to the right. Unity is only found in the Spirit. The words universe and university combine the words unity and diversity — many different things working together as one. God created the universe, and God created the church. The Church should be united in their diversity through their collective union with Jesus. Where there is disunity, there is a relational problem with Jesus somewhere. The four creatures served God in perfect unity to God’s glory. We should too.
– Deuteronomy 5:32 — You shall be careful therefore to do as the Lord your God has commanded you. You shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left.
– Proverbs 4:27 — Do not swerve to the right or to the left; turn your foot away from evil.
– Isaiah 30:21 — And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.
– John 17:22-23 — The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.
– 1 Corinthians 1:10 — I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.
– Ephesians 4:1-6 — I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
– 1 Peter 3:8 — Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind.
“Cross” Fit S-WOD (Spiritual Workout of the Day) – 1 November 19: Today, seek greater unity with Christ and with others in Christ. Serve God in unity without turning to the left or to the right.