Observations from today’s readings and today’s S-WOD, Sunday, 22 September 19:
Psalm 111:10 — “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.”
This phrase is repeated several times in the Bible for a reason. God is the source of all wisdom; the world’s wisdom is foolishness to God. All wisdom is founded on the Sovereignty of God. Any so called “knowledge” that does not start with that fundamental truth and the reality of Jesus Christ is a deception and a lie, regardless of how good is sounds or how popular it is.
– 1 Corinthians 3:19 — For the wisdom of this world is folly with God.
– 2 Peter 2:1-3 — But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.
– 2 Timothy 4:3-5 — For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
– Colossians 2:8 — See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.
– Jude 1:4 — For certain people have crept in unnoticed who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.
– 1 Timothy 6:3 — If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing.
– Galatians 1:6-9 — I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.
– Romans 9:20 — But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?”
Today, many say that science and faith are at odds. However, this accusation is false; faith only conflicts with pseudoscience (to include humanist psychology) which is passed off today as science to suit the rebellious spirit of its proponents.
The word science comes from the Latin “scientia,” meaning “knowledge.” According to Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary, the definition of science is “knowledge attained through study or practice,” or “knowledge covering general truths of the operation of general laws, esp. as obtained and tested through scientific method [and] concerned with the physical world.” The Bible says that nature reveals the truth of God; so, science will naturally point to the reality, truth, and Sovereignty of God. However, popular, secular-based pseudoscience seeks to eliminate God, and therefore becomes, at its foundation, a destructive lie. Case in point: the theory of evolution taught is schools has its foundation in Charles Darwin’s publication “On the Origin of Species.” This publication refutes the reality of the Creator and the truth of His word. The lie of Darwinism has had tremendously destructive consequences which are better understood when we consider the complete title of his work: “On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life.” Darwin’s pseudoscience fueled the concept of “Favoured Races” which led to previously unimaginable atrocities in Nazi Germany and across the globe.
Where is godless pseudoscience taking us today? Where could we be today if we relied on honest science that accepts the truth of the Creator and Jesus Christ, through whom all things were made (John 1)? What wonderful things might we have discovered, created, and cured had we not worked so hard to keep God out of the equation? We can only speculate.
Are you prepared to counter pseudoscience with real science which is true knowledge of God? And are you prepared to turn your knowledge into wisdom, which is knowledge rightly applied? Listen carefully for humanistic, godless philosophies which are now mainstream and have crept into even the church, and make the most of every opportunity to proclaim the Truth of Jesus Christ and His sufficiency.
“Cross” Fit S-WOD (Spiritual Workout of the Day) – 22 September 19: Practice your discernment today. Listen carefully to what you hear people claim and be like a good Berean, “examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things [are] so.” (Acts 17:11)